What Is Black Mold?
Mold exists all around you, everywhere you go! Mold only needs moisture to grow and persist. Infestations can be dangerous, especially Stachybotrys chartarum, or black mold. Black mold gets its name from its black-ish appearance.
Our team at SERVPRO of East Concord/Brentwood is highly trained in mold remediation and restoration techniques. Our technicians and specialists have seen black mold most commonly pop up in the following areas:
- Air conditioning units
The moisture and darkness in these areas will promote the growth and reproduction of mold, and the vents or air conditioning units might even begin to circulate those pesky mold spores throughout your home.
Cleaning up any excess water or moisture is the best place to start if you want to lower your risk of black mold. Keep an eye out for any mold when you do your regular cleaning and throw away any items that might have water damage.
Be proactive and if you do see a patch of mold, contact our trained professionals at SERVPRO of East Concord/Brentwood for mold removal or remediation.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of East Concord / Brentwood immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (925) 420-5104
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of East Concord / Brentwood is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- East Concord
- Marsh Creek Springs