Recent Water Damage Posts
Emergency response for damaged photos
Everybody thinks of ways to salvage photos damage by water or moisture. There are a couple of tips we can try before we lose hope:
- Do not rush the process of salvaging the photos. Evaluate the extent of damage, this will help identify the method of salvaging to use.
- When a porous item comes in contact with moisture, molds activity can start in as little as 48 hours. Hence, remove all photos from frames, wrap in wax paper and freeze to prevent mold growth. The wax paper will help prevent the photos from sticking together.
- Air dry all photos that have been frozen. Use a clean dry flat surface or table for this document recovery process. You can also line the table with some paper towels to help draw moisture from paper the bottom of the photos. Remember, do not stack the photo over each other so they stick and damage further.
The aforementioned methods are usually best suited for when you find the damage almost immediately it occurs. If discovered at a later time, these methods may not be as effective. If discovered late, please contact a professional to assess the damage and restore. It is best to find a professional to help restore your precious item and take this stress off you.
East Concord/Brentwood Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Once visible mold is spotted, do not disturb it. Touching it can spread the mold growth throughout your home or business. The disruption of mold can cause the microscopic mold spores to spread and circulate throughout the entire structure.
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of SERVPRO of East Concord/Brentwood for mold remediation services.
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of SERVPRO of East Concord/Brentwood specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 925-420-5104
East Concord/Brentwood Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
With the coming in of the rains comes with the possibility of having a water damage anywhere in our homes most especially basements.
Basements are typically built partially or entirely below ground level, and because of the low level, basements are prone to flooding. There are further reasons why a basement flooding could occur, including;
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Surface water to pool around your home caused by heavy rain
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Do you have questions about basement flooding?
Call Us Today – 925-420-5104
Any delay in handling flood water quickly and properly, can jeopardize your health, safety and adversely damage your home’s structure. The further the wait time, the further the adverse damage to your home and property.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. Please call SERVPRO of East Concord/Brentwood and let our trained, professional crews handle the damage with the best equipment and procedure. We have been in business for so many years and earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property managers.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We are a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill the Insurance Directly – One Less Thing for You to Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained and Certified in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Flooded Basement? Call Us Today – We are ready to help- 925-420-5104
East Concord/Brentwood 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of East Concord/ Brentwood is available 24 hours a day for small or large water damage emergencies. Dealing with water damage requires quick response. We understand a delay of just a few hours can have a negative impact on the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Us Today – 925-420-5104
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. As experts we are here to guide you through this critical period. SERVPRO of East Concord/Brentwood has the tailored water damage training and experience to help you through this crisis. Water damage restoration is our specialty—in fact, it is the helm of our business.
What to Expect
When we receive your call, we will ask relevant questions regarding your water damage emergency. This information will help us determine what equipment and resources to allocate, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed to mitigate further loss.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask the following questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of East Concord/Brentwood
SERVPRO of East Concord/Brentwood specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.