Water, Water Everywhere
A family in Pittsburg Ca went for a holiday for the weekend by the sea and on the second day, they received an alert from their security system about movement on the first floor of the house.
The immediately alerted the neighbors to help check that their doors were secure. As the neighbors opened the garage door, at least 4 inches of water had filled up the house and was pouring out of the garage door.
Apparently, the faulty sprinkler in the guest bedroom had gone off and saturated the second floor till the ceiling on the first floor collapsed to the tile floor and that movement alerted the sensor that alerted the home owners.
Emergency services were called to help turn off the main supply of water and then SERVPRO was contacted to remediate the water damage.
A regular check on our indoor sprinkler system can help mitigate this kind of loss.