Conditions in Contra Costa County Might Be Right for Mold
Research experts have estimated more than 1 million types of mold have been identified, however, less than 10 percent have actually been named. This shows mold is very prevalent in both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. In as much as mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, the health of some people can be affected by certain species of mold in their environment.
If favorable conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
- Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of moisture for growth to begin.
- Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will encourage mold growth.
- Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate moisture supply.
Mold growth can occur in any surrounding, so it is advised to keep an eye out for situations that might encourage mold growth. Roof/chimney leaks, wet basements, or condensation from ducts that dampen surrounding insulation are just a few examples of issues that make a room a prime target for mold activity.
If you suspect mold growth in your home, call SERVPRO of East Concord/Brentwood to assess the situation. We have the knowledge, tools and track record to effectively remediate mold in your residential or commercial space.
If you suspect mold, call us today at 925-420-5104
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of East Concord/Brentwood for mold remediation services.
About SERVPRO of East Concord/Brentwood
SERVPRO of East Concord/Brentwood specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, water damage or mold growth. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.